Motorcycle Accessories Lawton OK
Moto-Tek 3In1 Stand
MXA PRODUCT TEST: MOTO-TEK 3IN1 STAND: You Can Roll Your Bike Into It, Lift It On Top Of It Or Use It As A Wheel Chock: This Is Not The Knock-Off; It Is The Original
MXA PRODUCT TEST:
THE MOST CREATIVE BIKE STAND EVER; YOU CAN ROLL YOUR BIKE INTO IT, LIFT IT ON TOP OF IT OR USE IT AS A WHEEL CHOCK IN YOUR TRUCK
WHAT IS IT? The Moto-Tek 3in1 stand is the most creative bike stand we have ever tested. It has three functions and you could probably think of more.
WHAT' S IT COST? $169.95 for the stand, tool trays and Quick-Dock (if you want to latch it down in trailers and vans).
CONTACT? www.moto-tek.com or (818) 592-0735.
WHAT'S IT DO? Let's be serious; if bikes hadn't gotten taller and milk crates flimsier, no self-respecting manufacturer would be building bike stands today. But they did and the rest is history. There have been innovative bike stands from as far back as the original Mark Charles stand. But in recent years, one stand pretty much looks like another, with the same features, materials and price. Stop the presses! The Moto-Tek 3in1 stand is like no other in the history of the sport (although beware because there are cheap knock-offs of the Moto-Tek stand being ballyhooed about, but without Moto-Tek's construction quality, multiple uses or originality). Best of all, The Moto-Tek 3in1 does things that no other stand could hope to duplicate. It is creative, original and owes no allegiance to any other stand. That's all good stuff.
WHAT STANDS OUT? Here' s a list of things that stand out with Moto-Tek's 3in1 stand.
(1) Center stand: When flipped up on its sturdy legs, the Moto-Tek 3in1 stand can be used as a traditional bike stand. It is the exact same height as the most popular bike stands and comes with a rubber padded top (which, paradoxically, is sometimes the bottom). By flipping the Moto-Tek stand over, you can get the wheels off the ground for maintenance.
(2) Front wheel stand: We are lazy. So lazy that the first time we saw the 3in1 stand's versatility, we were amazed. Unlike any other motocross stand made, you can use the Moto-Tek stand without ever picking your bike up. We rode in after a long moto and drove the front wheel directly into the laid-down 3in1 stand and walked away. No lifting. No grunting. And no standing there for ten minutes waiting for the strength to return to our arms. It is almost idiot-proof. Even the idiot that hit the stand at speed still managed to get the job done. Of course, you manly types who don't think life should be easy can move on to a traditional stand (and a hernia).
(3) Hauling: It is a large stand, which means that it will take up a lot of room in your truck bed, but it doesn't have to. You can flip the Moto-Tek 3in1 stand against the front of your truck bed and roll the front wheel in before hooking up the tie-downs. It doubles as a wheel chock and a bed strengthener. In a trailer ...
Pro Taper 1-1/2-Inch Tie-Downs
MXA PRODUCT TEST: PRO TAPER 1-1/2-INCH TIE-DOWNS: Wider, Longer And Equipped With Mountain Climbing Technology
MXA PRODUCT TEST:
PRO TAPER 1-1/2-INCH TIE-DOWNS
WHAT IS IT? Pro Taper’s solution to all of the common problems that are found on many standard tie-downs.
WHAT’S IT COST? $34.99.CONTACT? www.protaper.com or your local dealer.
WHAT STANDS OUT? Here’s a list of things that stand out with the Pro Taper tie-downs.
(1) Straps. Pro Taper made sure that their tie-downs were long enough. Their tie-downs are longer and wider than standard-issue straps. They measure 70 inches in length and 1-1/2 inches wide. The increased width does tend to hum on the freeway if not tucked in. As for the extra-long strap ends, they are Velcro secured to keep the excess material from flapping in transit.
(2) Attachment. There are two features that help secure your bike: (a) Soft straps (to protect oversize 1-1/8 inch handlebars from getting scratched). The 17-inch-long soft straps are more than long enough to work with a multitude of different size motorcycles. (b) Rubber-coated, self-locking, swiveling and spring-loaded carabiniere hooks. The hooks are large enough to work with oversized handlebars, if you don’t want to thread the soft straps through the bars.
(3) Price. The Pro Taper tie-downs are more expensive than conventional tie-downs. Then again, they are longer, wider, stronger and come with super hooks.
WHAT’S THE SQUAWK? On rare occasions, the carabiniere safety hook jammed shut and refused to open.
The Pro Taper tie-downs are top-notch. They address many common problems and make it easier to transport your bike.
Wheels for Warriors
Dates: 5/17/2014 – 5/17/2014
Lawton, OKWind River Harley Davidson Lawton
Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association 10-3 with Wind River Harley Davidson presents Wheels for Warriors held May 17th (Armed Forces Day) in Lawton, OK. Event will include a large cash prize for high hand,mystery prize for low hand, raffle, and door prizes. At end of run there will be live music, free food for paid poker players, and beverages for purchase. Price will be 20 bucks for single rider, 10 bucks for passenger, and 10 bucks for additional hand.
Celebration of Freedom Memorial Day Poker Run
Dates: 5/24/2014 – 5/26/2014
507 S Main Street
Slip on your glasses , tighten your bandana and get ready for one heck of a ride. Join General Tommy Franks and hundreds of other riders as they promote patriotism with a Freedom Ride and Poker Run!$25.00 advanced registration, $35.00 day of event and $10.00 for an extra hand.$1500 in prizesRegistration @ 8am Last Bike out @ 9:45amLast Nike in @ 2:30pmAt 2:45pm, Riders will join General Tommy Franks for a Memorial Parade THUNDER RUN through Hobart to the General Tommy Franks Leadership Institute and Museum.In additon to the Poker Run:Southwest Oklahoma's premier Memorial Weekend Event the �CELEBRATION OFFREEDOM�� is headed to the BIG TOP. This is a new approach to the weekend that expands the number of FREE events, the number of veterans honored and has a greater impact on Hobart and the surrounding area. This May 23-26, 2014, General Tommy Franks Leadership Institute and Museum along with the Hobart Community will hold its 6th Annual Celebration of Freedom. The tradition continues with the Patriot Parade, Wild Hog Fly-In, Motorcycle Poker Run, Oklahoma's Largest Silent Auction, and downtown festivities all weekend long. However, 2014 ushers in a bolder approach to the celebration with 3 stages featuring a variety of FREE concerts. Complete with a �Battle of the Bands�� and �Hobart's Got Talent��, this event provides an opportunity for everyone to join in. Patriotism is out theme and our brave men and women in uniform will be honored as a part of each and every concert. Hobart's first annual BBQ Cook-Off is sure to delight your palette, and a variety of activities for children will keep your family hopping. The highlight of the weekend will be an intimate concert under the BIG TOP. With previous acts like Charlie Daniels, Aaron Tippin, Neal McCoy, and Diamond Rio.... You never know who is going to show up for this up-close and personal, unplugged concert event.